Thursday, January 15, 2009

Why the Meal Update?

I have a dear friend who really encouraged me last week. She was starting to eat right and exercise and she asked me for pointers. I gave her some pointers and 1 simple recipe. This was about 2 months ago. 2 months later I visit her to find that she took most of my advice and was on her way to a healthier lifestyle. Although I am no expert. I have learned a lot from my research and I would like to share it with others.

My friend requested that I post my diet so she can see some examples. Now, this is a little scary since I am not always on my best behavior but I figured that I can also use this as a form of accountability. I will be posting screen capture of my food intack (courtesy of mydiaryplate.com). I will also be posting some recipes. I tend to come up with some of my own healthy recipes because I am too impatient to follow recipe and I find that a lot of things out there are a tad complicated with too much ingredent.

Word of caution. My diet is not a perfect diet, I MESS UP A LOT. I will try to put disclaimers so that you know which days to use as what not to do! My main focus is to be as honest as possible with my transformation so that together we can learn from it.

I hope to commit to posting my daily food intake. If yoou find me slacking please please bug me. I will try to let you’ll know when I am out of town and unable to post.