Sunday, September 21, 2008

My Interracial Relationship


Where do I start? I will start with a little overview.


I am in love with a great man! We have been together for a little over a year and have known eachother for a little longer than that. We are in a "bit", ok a long distant relationship but hopefully all that will change very soon.

Although from different backgrounds, we get along very well. He is a caucasian American and I am a black African. More specifically, I am Nigerian by birth, parents, everything! I consider myself a true Igbo girl, born, bread and buttered! My Naija folks will understand that last sentence.

Some of you might ask; what is a "true Igbo girl" doing with an Oyibo (American/white) man? My response is: why not? We get along very well and I am very thankful to have him in my life.

I felt the need to shine a little light on my relationship because I will be posting some blogs about some of our experiences on this blog. I am excited about opening up on our relationship because is not much information about IR among Nigerian or African. I hope to help people with my experience and I hope to learn more from people who have been there and done that.



No comments: